Our priority is and still remains the safety of our family and our community.
With this in in mind we have a projected opening date of the 15th of July with the following restrictions as per the Scottish Government guidance and within our own resources:
- All communal facilities will be closed
- Only units with separate contained hygiene facilities will be accepted
- We will not, at this stage be welcoming tents or awnings
- Electric hook up, fresh water, chemical toilet disposal and refuse bins will be available
- Check in, payments and queries will be contactless
These restrictions are subject to change in accordance with further guidance from the Scottish Government.
We have made this decision bearing in mind the need for motor homes and caravans with their own facilities who travel to the island, to have a safe place to park within a controlled environment and to avoid wild camping with the negatives it tends to generate on our island.
A warm, island welcome awaits you at this friendly, family-run campsite in Shawbost
– a pretty crofting village on the scenic west coast of Lewis.
Opened in 1992, Eilean Fraoich campsite is situated one mile from Shawbost shore
and its adjacent freshwater loch, as well as being overlooked by Beinn Bhragair.
Open from April – 30th September Annually (Currently subject to change given the developing Covid-19 Situation)
We are dog-friendly, child-friendly and offer all facilities for tents, caravans
and motor-homes on our gentle meadow, within hearing of the murmuring Atlantic shore.